Neuros OSD HD
From The Neuros Technology Wiki
Note: There has been no official word on any plans for a Neuros OSD HD. Any information relating to such a product is purely speculation.
Basically, this will be my ramblings on a possible HD OSD. -- pwarren
- HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component. Pick two? One digital, one analogue?
- Digital Audio Output through HDMI? or stick to S/Pdif, will need HDMI for Dolby Digital + and TruHD (and dts stuff), might even require HDCP for that to work.
- 6 (or more?) channel analog output, High Quality DAC's that can handle the HD audio technologies.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- USB 2.0
- Resolutions up to 1920x1080 (progressive)
- h.264 AVC
- WMV3 (aka WMV9, WMV HD, VC-1)
- flv (youtube/flash)
- monkeys audio
- current DM320 Platform possibly not powerful enough (upgrades?)
- heavy DSP use will be necessary for video decoding/encoding (not open source)
- HDCP and other Digital Restrictions Management systems. I believe it's possible to do a HDMI connection without HDCP!