OSD2 Development Milestones
From The Neuros Technology Wiki
MILESTONE "SDPLAY" Basic SD-playback (July 23)
- playback basic MPEG4 and H.264 format in SD resolutions (D1).
- with audio in MP3 and PCM (raw).
- output only over Composite RCA connector.
- source media from SD/MMC/SDHC card or USB disk (both FAT32 or linux FS only)
- playback is handled trough VLC, with only PLAY/STOP supported.
- basic main-menu (non-skinned GUI, PC-look) to launch it.
- skeleton video player+recorder application, just hand off commands from remote to VLC, virtually no GUI.
- application load files from fixed locations in cfg file, no file browser support
MILESTONE "HDPLAY" Basic HD Playback (July 30)
- playback basic MPEG4 and H.264 format in 720p (upscaling supported for SD content).
- playback audio in MP3 and PCM (raw).
- output over any HD connector (with ability to enable/disable and choose)
- source media from any supported media (incl. IDE harddisk)
- playback is handled through VLC, support full playback control (incl FF/REW)
- full video player application with playcount and playstate display
- file browser to select media to play
MILESTONE "SDREC" Basic SD Recording (August 15)
- recording basic MPEG4 and H.264 format in SD resolutions (D1).
- recorded audio is in PCM only
- pass-through to video out while recording
- able to choose which input connector to use
- auto-detect input resolution format
- target media is any supported media (incl. IDE HDD)
- recording is handled trough VLC, with STOP/PAUSE commands supported.
- basic main-menu (non-skinned GUI, PC-look) to launch recording
- basic video recorder application, no recordcounter, hand off commands to VLC
- file browser to select save location, but fixed file name.