From The Neuros Technology Wiki
How to put video on the PSP with the 3GP Converter 0.34 software:
The process here is pretty similar to the rest of the video conversion software with PSP presets on the market. One difference is that the software is not specifically designed to accomodate PSP users, but it is a free alternative to other video converters suitable for the purpose. Also, it helps if you know Japanese.
- Sony PSP
- 3GP Converter Software
- MemoryStick Pro/Duo (512MB+ recommended)
- Source Video
- Download and set up the 3GP software. It is availible from this link, and luckily apparently does have an english setting. After downloading and unzipping the file, run Setup.exe. It will bring up a window with a bunch of gibberish, you should look toward the bottom and select English (or your more preferred language) in the drop-down box. Next, in the menu above, select Customized: MP4 for PSP (direct, renamed) and hit Apply.
- From here the process is fairly intuitive. The main converter window opens, and you will be presented with a drag-and-drop field for your video to be converted, a drop-down list of quality settings that are compatible with the PSP, a Browse button to select the output directory, and a greyed out progress indicator. First, select your desired quality setting. This will be up to you. The settings vary in resolution, framerate, video bitrate, and audio bitrate. The most appropriate choice for each of these will vary with your preference and the source video.
- Now, select an output directory. Make sure you remember this as you'll need to find the file later to place on the PSP.
- Now, find the video you'd like to convert and drag it to the Drag and drop files here section. The software will begin to encode the video.
- You should find a new .MP4 file in the directory you selected eariler. The name will have been generated automatically for compatibility with the PSP file system. Don't change it, your PSP will likely not display the file.
- Now, either connect your PSP via USB or insert your Memory Stick into your card reader. On the Memorystick, you should create a folder by the name of \MP_ROOT\100MNV01 if there isn't one already. Copy your video file from your PC to this folder.
- Either disconnect your PSP from the PC or put the Memory Stick from the PC into the PSP. Browse to the Video folder and you should see a thumbnail of your newly copied video. Enjoy!
Time: ~25 minutes
Pros: * Free * Many options for output format
Cons: * Download site is in Japanese only * Readme is in Japanese only * No Help files * No support